welcome to my blog. All the articles that i had written in my blog are more or less personal to my life. Please leave any comment so that the bondage of relation between us can be made strong. And the blog could made readable and enjoyable.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Road Taken

Yah! the famous poem which i had studied in Pre-degree. There are many in my class who followed the path of Java,.Net etc but i clunged on to Linux. For me there were 2 roads to be chosen. One to the ugly world of windows where you could see some of the lazy programmers in .Net. And the other one to be in the glamorous world of Linux. These moments make me remind of the movie "The Da Vinci Code". Yah i asked my teacher "Teacher what should i do to get such and such..."(The questions continued). He gave a gentle smile and then showed me the path. Yah to the most respectable man, as a friend, as a teacher, as aguide etc etc. The only student from my batch to work in Linux(Its none other than me). I hoped at least there would be 3 or 4 who would work in Linux. That was the situation with me. After completing the B.Tech degree i went to Bangalore(as usual for a software proffesional) where i had a bad impact on my resume. I asked a referal to an IBM guy he told me "Your resume looks to be good but i cant help you because you dont have experince". But that was the first moment when i felt that it was a good resume. Not in the sense of the decorative work on the resume. But for the quality of the languages that i had written. Many of the Banglorian professionals dont know the relevance of a "cutting edge" language like LISP. How sad its for an Engineer to say that its a bore language with out getting into it? Huhhh and the claps for the .Net where one have to drag and write some 10 line code. What will happen if the mouse is not working. The software proffesional would stop his work. Oh god please dont push me in to the Dump Windows market. I beg. I may not get the salary that the others are earning. But i may get one and only one thing that's necessary for a software professional: Professional Satisfaction. Still my job hunt continues....

Do you think the road taken by me was correct....
Do you think so ....

2 Comments:

Blogger yetanother.softwarejunk said...

Sujith, you have been tagged, for more details
http://yasj.blogspot.com/2006/07/royal-tag-of-four.html

1:11 PM  
Blogger Sujith said...

Humm i read it sir. How can i foreget to read ur blog.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home